Braking Systems, after tyres, are the most important part of your car. Braking System wear is affected by different types of driving and also if the car is a manual or an automatic. Your average set of brake pads, in normal every day use, should last 25,000 to 30,000 miles. An indication that your braking systems may need replacing can be any of the following:
- A warning light on your dashboard
- A grinding noise when the braking systems are applied
- A vibrating through the brake pedal, or steering wheel, when braking from speed
- A soft braking system pedal
- Excessive hand brake travel
If you experience any of the above problems, call into Uncle Toms for a free no obligation braking system check. Should any remedial work be necessary, our experienced braking systems specialist can carry out, while-you-wait, replacements on brake pads, shoes, cylinders, discs, drums and callipers. All work carries a 1-Year, 15,000 Mile Parts and Labour Guarantee.